NFPA96 and frequency of cleaning
Your kitchen exhaust system is mandated by NFPA96 to be cleaned to their predetermined standard which is governed by your local AHJ (fire, health, insurance etc.)
Excerpt from NFPA 96 (2011) 11.6.1
Upon inspection, if the exhaust system is found to be contaminated with deposits from grease-laden vapours, the contaminated portions of the exhaust system shall be cleaned by a properly trained, qualified and certified person(s) acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction.
Table 11.4 – Exhaust System Inspection Schedule – Type of Volume of Cooking and Frequency.
- Monthly – Systems serving solid fuel cooking operations
- Quarterly – Systems serving high-volume cooking operations such as 24-hour cooking, charbroiling, or wok cooking –
- Semi-annually – Systems serving moderate-volume cooking operations –
- Annually – Systems serving low=volume cooking operations, such as churches, day camps, seasonal businesses, or senior centres –
The Steam Guy is available for scheduled cleaning 24 hours a day. Exceptions have been made to provide an emergency service call.
Who is in your kitchen?
Keeping your customers happy is also our top priority. When we come to clean your kitchen exhaust system, our crew arrives with much more than the equipment needed to do the cleaning.
Each time, when we come into your kitchen, we bring with us:
- $5,000,000 liability insurance verifiable by issuing an Insurance certificate on request.
- WSIB coverage is verifiable by issuing a clearance certificate on request.
- Current automobile insurance and fully licensed drivers verifiable on request.
- Annually Certified by IKECA to stay current with NFPA updates and industry standards.
- PRICE PROTECTION for preferred customers with a signed Service Agreement.
- And yes, we are bondable.
Our experience in problem-solving kitchen exhaust systems brings new and innovative methods to get the job done efficiently and on time. We work with you. We work for you.